Federagenti, the Italian Federation of Yacht & Ship Agents, has widespread a new note about D Visa to clarify the current Italian situation in reply to the newsletter/articles that have been published by lately foreign agencies and associations. The full text is in the attached note, here below the main points:
- Italian yacht agencies have already helped hundreds of extra-EU crew members in obtaining their visas.
- The D visa can be issued by any entitled Italian Consulates/Embassy around the world
- The D visa allows the holder not only to stay in Italy up to 365 days, but also to spend up to 90 days every 180days in other Schengen countries.
- The D visa allows extra-EU seafarers to remain in Italy and cruise in Italian waters with the possibility of multiple entry
- Seafarers arriving in Italy by seas are still only stamped into EU area at the moment in which they disembark just like in other EU countries.
Italian yacht agencies are able to assist seafarers in easily obtaining their D visa, we keep on suggesting to contact your yacht agent prior your arrival in Italy to better arrange your D visa application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further details on this matter writing to firstname.lastname@example.org